Monday 10 June 2013

A day with Monya Russo

Hi everybody,
today I had the privilege to have with me in my studio one of the best singers I've ever worked with, Monya Russo.

She's really young but has an impressive talent and ...curriculum! Try to search on Google and you'll agree. ;-)

She came to Molen to record all the vocal tracks for her next single. 68 voice tracks (main voices and tons of backing vocals) in 4 hrs, with no pauses, without ever appearing unfocused or tired. She came with her sister Selena, who's also her manager.

One of the things that impressed me most is her (very rare) ability to emit the so-called "acuti di fischio", extremely high-pitched notes that sound very similar to a whistle but are produced with the vocal cords and not, in fact, whistling.

I made a short video with her explaining a few notes about it.

 
Looking forward to working soon again with her!

With her sister Selena..
With me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment